In this page we are looking to offer you assistance in what a good Resume should look like.
It is important to remember that the Resume is used as a tool to help you gain an interview.
Remeber to use it as such a tool and leave the reader keen to know more about you. If you do this then the chances of you getting an interview increase.
Once in the interview then you do your magic and show them why you should be their number 1 choice.
- Use good quality white or off-white paper.
- Use a common and easily read font.
- Make best use of available space.
- Use page numbers (except on the front page).
- Check and recheck spelling and grammar.
- Use a tiny font size or lines of italic.
- Use clip art.
- Include a photograph of yourself.
- Waste paper on a cover sheet.
- Use coloured paper (it won't fax or photocopy clearly).
- Trust your computer spell check.
Consider creating a text-version of your resume if you intend to apply online. You can then include your resume inside an email message, instead of as an attachment. (Lisa Schmeiser wrote a great story for Wired Daily about online job hunting strategies for web developers, which is relevant for people in other sectors too. It includes excellent advice on how to prepare resumes for emailing.)
To view our Resume template Click here .